There are 2 wireless companies available to Residents residing on campus at OSU Stillwater (in places where Wi-Fi is present):
Secure option that is wireless
EDUROAM is guaranteed with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when making use of a unit on Wi-Fi than a available community does.
For connecting to EDUROAM:
- Merely choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and use your@okstate that is full.edu current email address and OKEY password when it asks.
- Accept/Trust the safety certification you to do so if it asks.
- This is all you need to do for most devices.
- You may be asked by some devices to select additional options included in the connection procedure.
- If for example the unit requests an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this program might be concealed in a «advanced» part).
- If you have a area for CA Certificates, choose «Use System Certificates» after which set the Domain to «ad.okstate.edu».
- If the unit won’t have a «Use System Certificates» option, you can select «Do not Validate» instead (but know that this might make you in danger of a person in the centre assault, therefore make sure you are linking in a spot where you be prepared to get the how to use be2 EDUROAM solution).
- If you notice a field called «Anonymous Identity», simply keep it blank. The remainder choices should really be kept within their standard settings.
Should your products support WPA2-enterprise encryption (smart phones, laptops, & most tablets) we strongly recommend those devices are connected by you to EDUROAM. (más…)